Summer Days


 

I can't say just how much I am loving these early morning walks. It is unbelievable how great I am feeling at age 65.

When I got married the first time at age 17, I weighed 105 lbs. stood at 5 feet and one inch tall. I actually was under weight. I wore a size 5 in Junior clothing, and never thought about weighing any more than 105 lbs. Of course, as the years rolled on I added at my all time high many pounds at 190. I started this weight loss journey weighing 190 lbs. "on my scales first thing in the morning, no shoes and minimum clothing.

We always weigh more as the day goes on and we always weigh more at the doctor's office with our shoes on and fully dressed, but I document my weight as being what I get first thing after arising in the morning as "these are my best numbers" and I want to start my day with my best numbers.

Since being on Nutrisystem, and I started that in March, I am as of today down to 173 lbs. I am in extra large clothes now instead of extra extra large. My goal for height is 120 to 130 lbs. as this is what the charts tell me. I am estimating I should be at this goal weight in about another year or so.

I am doing this for my HEALTH, not my looks. All through the years when I knew I was gaining weight, I said to myself "I don't care to carry these extra pounds, I just kept buying bigger clothes and really did not care how those extra pounds made me look. This is not about LOOKS. This is totally about health. When I found out that extra weight meant I was obese and it was affecting my health adversely I really took the bull by the horn and started on this plan, but as I have mentioned before I still did not come to this plan I THINK WITHOUT DIVINE INTERVENTION.

They were having a car show over at the park where I walk one Saturday morning and there was a woman from Seymour there who caught up with me on the walk just at awe at the walking trail. She said, oh my I did not know this was here, I sure wish we had something like this in Seymour. It is an amazing trail to walk through, huge forest trees placed "just right" all over the place. I imagine they had someone come in and clear that out perfectly.

It is like walking through a forest that has been carefully cleared out. It is absolutely beautiful. I plan on taking pictures "one of these days" of the different seasons over there. 

I have found my playground! 

Photo in this post is NOT from the walking trail. I found it online at upsplash.

My Farm Fresh eggs are due to arrive today. I have never eaten farm fresh chicken eggs. I am anxious to try these as they are suppose to be so much healthier than any other kind of egg. I don't know if I will like them, but I do like eggs in general. The ones I get at Wal mart are pretty much tasteless.

Comments

Popular Posts