Everything is Under Control, Then Suddenly Everything is Out of Control


 

Looks like I will have to give up my beautiful trail forest walk at least until I get over this "frightening experience."

Yesterday, out of the clear blue yonder hopped and skipped a BIG BLACK DOG. At first I thought it might even be a wolf. I turned around and started walking the opposite way hoping it would not follow me.

I have often wondered though as I keep walking this trail what is hidden behind some of the bushes. It was once a huge forest. There are likely all kinds of critters out there. It is a little spooky at times too, extremely calming though with the noises of some kind wild life. I would not be surprised though if there was not a wolf out there or foxes too and snakes too. Be just my luck to cross over a big snake lying across the trail. It definitely is not a place for an inexperienced out doors person like myself and all the others I have seen walking this trail, which is just a few. A person needs to come armed with all kinds of tools.

Well, I got out of the forest and was coming back to my neighborhood, looked back and the big black dog was jumping and hopping around in the apartment complex yards. There was one other strange looking van sitting in the parking lot, nobody in it, I suppose somebody out there on the trail somewhere.  I thought maybe he unleashed this dog to just run and romp all over the place and scare everybody else to death. Some people don't give a darn what they unleash to other people, and maybe it was even done on purpose. At any rate, if it did belong to whoever owned the van, they should have not let it off leash and there is a beautiful designated place fenced in especially for dogs to exedrcise. It might have been a dog that just got lose from a nearby residence, but it really looked like a wolf.

It really is a very spooky trail. You can watch a person disappear into the wild blue yonder it is so huge, beautifully kept, but like I said, I really think this place is for people who are able to defend themselves from whatever comes out of that place into the open.

I called 911 and told her about the huge black dog NOT ON A LEASH hopping around. She said casually, "does it seem aggressive? I thought, well I would hate to challenge it, but said no, it is just not on a leash, there is nobody around and it is huge. I thought at first it was a wolf, and it might have been. Don't they have some kind of dog laws about dogs running around town loose and not on a leash? All of a sudden everybody around me has all these dogs and they are not beautiful little poodle dogs, they are pit bulls, and "killer type dogs." I don't know if people are using these dogs as their protection or what, but they certainly pose a high risk of danger to all others if not accompanied by a person and on a leash and even at that, some of these big killer dogs walking along seemingly just for a fresh air walk can break lose from their owner's hand. It happens all the time.

She on 911, said I will call someone to go out there. I don't know if anybody ever came or not because I was high tailing it back to my own neighborhood.

End of beautiful forest walk for me at least for awhile. I doubt I will get up enough courage to ever go back into deepness of that trail walk, but there is ample room all around where there are children's playground and basketball goals to walk around. It actually is a very beautiful place. The town keeps it up great. It is just wondering now what is lurking behind the bushes that has me spooked.

I am still not over it.

So....I must change my course of action on my daily walks back the other way. I plan to walk toward the high school and up and down the hills that lead into the parking lot and perhaps around the track. This could become a problem though when school starts back.

Just about the time I find something I really enjoy doing, something comes along and takes it away from me!

Comments

Popular Posts