Little House on the Prairie



 I feel like I been living in a little house on the prairie, but like I said in the last post, I have to give up my forest walks and get back into the city limits.

Thunderstorms all around me today prevented me from the adventure of new walking space. Oh well. My weight loss stalled also. This is the good thing about being online with Nutrisystem, you can always get hold of a nutrition coach. She gave me several tips and this morning the scale started moving slowly again!

Weight loss is extremely complicated. If you get your mind off it much long at all, your weight just sky rockets away without you even noticing it. I hate to have to be obsessed with weight, times I can eat, times I cannot eat, what I have to eat at times I am suppose to eat. I always "pout" at having to be chained up by anything. I am basically a free spirit, but since this weight and other health problems started haunting me I have not been able to just eat when I want, sleep when I want and do anything basically WHEN I WANT.

I have to say though I have had many years of being able to do what I wanted, at the time I wanted. It don't take much to pacify me.

I can do enough in a day's time "all by myself" to feel content. And I got lots to do in this house. I can no longer say "I just don't have the energy," because I do have the energy now, and the thing to do is keep moving rather than how I was before.

Thunderstorms made me have to turn to my Pauhla B work out. I have not had to do that in a long time. I could not have gone to the Y early either as they don't open up on Sunday until 11:00 a.m. It use to be for so many years they opened at 7:00 I believe it was on Sunday which would make it perfect for my new schedule here. The only other thing I could have done today since the thunderstorms kept me from outside, was to have a treadmill and only place I can put a treadmill is in my little cabin.

I really a wonderful place to put a treadmill and walk to some favorite music, which is in my cabin that is now starting to look like a second hand store with boxes everywhere full of stuff. Why am I such a pack rat. I am not a HOARDER, just a pack rat. I take spells that I clean out everything and throw away things. I need to have a yard sale, but I am limited on doing that at the present time. 

I cleaned out a few of my dishes, which has grown to a humongous collection of bits and pieces and odds and ends, boxed them up and put them in the cabin. I need to get out there and clean out the cabinets and rearrange things, then put me a stereo out there and a treadmill. It actually could made into a very cozy little spot. It was cozy in there when it was brand new and when I was raising the cats, but since I stopped that, I have turned the place into a junk house. With all this energy now, I really need to get out there and clean that cute little place up, and furnish it with some chairs and stuff. I am just not a good home interior decorator. 

For my new health adventure of eating healthier, I just had to have some new dishes! I fell in love with Pioneer Woman collection of dishes, purchased a few items to eat my new meals out of. I really need a new stove and my kitchen floor fixed, but have not see the light of day toward that end. All I really cook now is "eggs" and I can do that on I can't remember the name of that now, but I got one stashed away under the cabinets and one in the former cat house, and the oven still works. I only have one working burner on this stove that was in this house when I bought 28 years ago. I actually am afraid to buy a new stove which I could, because I have not been able to repair the water leak damaged floor and I am afraid when they pull that stove out, the floor will just fall through, so I am in a pickle still yet about that, asking God in prayer for guidance. I have not receive a word yet on what to do about that. So I tarry on here in my little house on the prairie going from day to day just doing what I have to do. I am like stuck in the mud or something. I do  hear lately though my house is a greater asset than I thought before as I almost have it paid for now and low income apartments even for senior people are becoming "unaffordable" for people to live in. One of my greatest fears has always been to be "homeless," and another one to be without a car. In my area, you have to have a car to survive. There are not Tarc buses. 

I wish we did have a bus service here, it would be extremely beneficial for a lot of people, a bus that would take you all the way to Louisville or Indianapolis, which is out of the question I am sure.

I grew up in poverty type housing and we were often without a car, so my fears come from childhood days, although I have faired much better than my parents did when I was growing up with them.

Comments

Popular Posts