The Deepness of Summer


 


Going into the depths of summer days now, or here pretty soon. I should say summer is HERE, the beginning of summer. Oh these hot days, I do not like. They use to slip through my life unaccounted for, now they are here one by one. I don't like HOT weather.

Thank God I got some sleep last night. The Fire Cracker shows ceased to be and I am thankful. I NEED MY SLEEP. I wonder why I am such a baby as I am. It must have been my father who made me this way. I could feel him always concerned about my whereabouts, my safety and my well being as I was growing up FROM A BABY. I must have been a precious soul to him is what I am thinking now. 

This is the main reason I like waking up to the I Love Lucy shows every morning. This is a fond memory packed way down deep inside my brain. One I did not even know about. When I hear the music of the I Love Lucy shows, I am calmed and comforted. I did not know why until my mother told me the story of when I was an infant. I was their first infant. She said my dad would rock me in the living room and watch I Love Lucy shows early in the morning while she made breakfast. No doubt I could smell the breakfast cooking and the 3 of us were quite CONTENT. I re-created this memory here in my old days not even knowing it had occurred. Dad always drank instant coffee. I probably had the memory of the smell of eggs frying, bread baking and coffee, because it is this combination along with the I Love Lucy shows that awake to and feel so very comforted. It must have been like heaven sitting in dad's lap, all cradled up like a precious soul as he rocked and watched these shows, because this is exactly the FEELING or emotion I feel in these old days of mine as I re-created this memory. My parents had a strong love affair with each other during my early infancy and the 3 of us was quite content.

I imagine my own daughter has some memories similar to mine as an infant as at that time the three of us, me, her and her dad had a strong love affair with one another. Her memories though would not include coffee, as I made no coffee at that time and would include some kind of HOT PEPPER smell. In fact, she tells me she found some hot pepper that fell from her dad's plate onto the floor of which she secretly SAMPLED. I never caught her doing this, but she told me that memory.

I remember one day when Melissa, my daughter, was an infant learning how to say a few words and she was awake before me and Juan. I heard her saying MA-MA, MA-MA, MA-MA, from her room. I could barely open my eyes, always a deep sleeper and so was Juan. Then suddenly, she said DA-DA, DA-DA, DA-DA. Babies are so smart. She knew MA-MA was in the next room and she also knew DA-DA was there too, so when MA-MA did not answer her call, she decided to call for DA-DA. Juan said immediately go and get her. When I placed her in between me and Juan, she laughed and turned toward him with her laughter, he smiled along with her. That became a routine. Whenever Juan was in the house or apartment, she would never call out MA-MA again, she always called out for DA-DA instead. Why? Calling for DA-DA got quicker results!

Comments

Popular Posts